Saturday, March 7, 2009

Talk about turning 180 degrees!

I saw the OB/GYN on Wednesday for the usual prenatal checkup and heartbeat listening session.

I asked him about exercising while having the Placenta Previa and I was so elated when he said that I could still exercise... but lightly. Lightly was good with me! As long as I was allowed to move!!

I also found out that the results from the Amnio were all good and yes.. we're definitely having a little boy! I'm so pleased that he's healthy in all ways that can be tested! AND.. we can finalize a name. (Actually, we have one, but we're not telling yet! )

We then continued to talk about the Previa condition and what it possibly meant down the road in the weeks ahead. He said that because of the placement he didn't see it moving. There's the chance it could move.. but he doubted that it would. Poop. He then warned me that if it didn't move..I might see a bit of bleeding between 30 & 32 weeks and then because of the pressure on the placenta and the baby not be getting the nutrition he needs, a c-section would probably scheduled between 34 & 36 weeks. Um.. medically speaking... baby isn't full term until 37 weeks. That would mean a preemie.. and with preemies often come mental and physical difficulties. Now, there is a steroid out there that can be given to baby in those last weeks to help give him a much needed development spurt... but we'll come to that when it's time. I also know that many preemies come out wonderfully fine... But like I really needed more stress. I'll know more after the next ultrasound on the 30th of this month if the placenta is on the move or not.

So, wow.. Ok.. now with the new news.. I'm feeling so incredibly selfish. Here I was.. all whiny because I wasn't allowed to exercise.. and now... if it would help get junior to full term and be as healthy and happy as he possibly can be.. I'd take bed rest right now! Life is difficult enough without him having a tough start. Suddenly, things are in a whole different perspective now that I know there's a possibility that junior might not get to full-term. I'm sure I'll be fine being active for a while, but honestly, with the prospect of junior coming 6 or more weeks early... I think that once it starts getting a little cramped in there for him.. I'm putting myself on bed rest if it will help him and the placenta even just a little. I'll have plenty of time to exercise once I'm healed from delivery. The summer will be ending as will the sweltering heat... good time to get out there with the jogging stroller, move this butt of mine and introduce junior to the world and the world to junior!

Cheers,
Jen

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Hello love! Don't worry too much. They wouldn't take him that early if they thought the risks were too great. I know lots of people who have had babies around 30-odd weeks and their munchkins are just fine. We're moving tomorrow so once we get the boxes into the new place we want to have you over!!! I have tons of things to share with you to prepare you for your little one's arrival!!!

boohootree said...

Hey Sis:)DId you know that Sage was about 3 weeks early? Her original due date was January 14th. And she is just fine! You'll be okay. I love you:)