Monday, December 15, 2008

Oh yeah...

Kinda forgot these little updates..
Had my first doc visit since my home preg test... They've confirmed it.. I'm pregnant! (duh). Also had blood work done... I have another appt in 4 weeks and in 5 weeks i'll have my first trimester screening. This will be my first ultrasound to make sure baby is ok. :)

Due to some really painful cramping we didn't run/walk the LA Half marathon on the 7th. We think it was really the best choice AND after telling my doc about it.. she's glad we made that decision also.

And I'm really getting sick of everything giving me conflicting advice. Caffeine is bad... drink decaf. Oh.. but the process to make decaf is harmful. Don't drink water with those little Lipton packets... Caffeine. Best to have Crystal light or Propel. However those have artificial sweeteners.. which are bad. Black licorice is bad... Black licorice is fine to have. Drink Herbal teas.... Herbal teas are harmful.. only some herbal teas are harmful.. on second tuesdays of the month and under a full moon...

Honestly.. I think the best advice I've heard so far is... do what you like.. but in moderation... And that advice came from a mother of 3 healthy children. Yes.. I'll stay away from most caffeine.. no alcohol for me, no soft cheeses or sushi... and yes, fine... I'll nuke my deli meat for 20 sec before I nosh. Most other things though.... Moderation. If I keep trying to figure it out.. I'm going to lose my mind.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I found, when I was feeling pukey, that peppermint tea helped a ton!!! It may not work for you, but it's worth a try.